Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Net Worth November 2011


Here it is. I'm still doing my Mint stuff, but finding it hard to maintain my money in this volatile market. Markets were down for the Thanksgiving holiday and just coming back up.

On a brighter note, I finally asked my boss for a raise. After the end of FY2011 I performed fairly well, making 110% production and a bonus, so I asked for the promotion. He agreed. That means more work, but a good chunk of change... increase in salary.

That's that for 2011. I'm looking forward to some major changes next year... i.e. an addition in the family.

We are in the middle of furniture shopping as well. We bought a Scandinavian Teak (mid-century) dining table for $795 this month as well as two Ikea Malm dressers for $75. My wife has been active on the Craigslist.  We are on the lookout for a bunk bed for the kids... something not too high and with a slide.

I need to sell more things though and teach my kids not to be hoarders. That is going to be a seriously tough thing to do.

 Until next time, happy saving!

No comments:

Post a Comment