Mint now uses Zestimate to appraise the house. It came out to be $233k opposed to the previous $217k so from that perspective our net worth has increased dramatically, but I know paper value is no value at all (gain of about 7.3%).
In our investments we have made tremendous gains as well. Last month was at $68.5k but thanks to the rally in the market it has spiked to $75.5k an almost 10% return in one month.
So overall, our networth has increased by a value of 17.5% if you include the house, or about 6.6% without the house. Not bad.
Today is end of fiscal year at work. I have produced 110% at work which means BONUS + I finally worked some overtime (which meant doing more work than I had to). This 40hours of extra work + bonus = faster savings/payoff of house.
Why didn't I think of this earlier?
On a side note, I have continued to attack the remainder of my seminary degree in full force. I have completed 23 credits in the past 3 years. I am taking 5 credits this semester, plan to take 4 credits in the winter, and 9 credits in the spring. This will take me to 19 credits to go for the Masters in Religion.
I first started taking classes once I was laid off from my teaching position and started at my current gig. Now that my learning curve has ramped up, I am able to do more work with better quality at a much more efficient rate. As a result, I have more time to study. I hope to finish before 2012, God willing. haha.
So goals for the next 5 years:
- Finish MAR degree (Goal Spring 2012)
- Get my next promotion at work (Goal 07/2011)
- Possibly work from home (Goal 12/2012)
- Have more KIDS!! (TBD)
- Buy a new house to fit more kids (TBD)
Near term goals:
- Continue serving at church with teaching duties
- Create/establish home school curriculum for my girls
- Increase production to 120% plus 40 hours of overtime per bi-week
- Refinance house - reduce mortgage w/ possiblity of renting/buying a new place