Saturday, August 28, 2010

Visual Budget - August 2010

Updated Visual Budget: Expenses are 20 month moving average and salary is current salary.


Looking at my first visual budget: Most expenses have been reduced.  Savings has increased. 

I am actually pretty happy.  Compared to January 2010, we have reduced some of the expenses by a day.

Mortgage came down from 8 days to 7 days.
Giving has increased from 3 days to 3.5 days.
FOOD has increased from from 2 days to 2.5 days.
AUTO has increased from 1 day to 1.5 days.
UTILS and Misc Expenses has dropped from 2 days to 1.5 days.

I've also included Travel expense which wasn't in the first budget.

Savings has increased from 3 days to 4 days. I must be doing the calculations wrong something. Why does it say I have so much money left over? Oh well. Must be going down the drain in investments.

2 comments:

  1. I like how this chart presents the information. Makes you want to spend more time working for fun and less for bills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, went over this with my wife yesterday and this budget is a lot easier to understand and to visualize what each day at work means...

    ReplyDelete