Friday, May 14, 2010

Obsession with Net worth

Well, NY Times has an article that looks at the psychology of people who track their net worth and other issues. This Net Worth Obsession as they put it is picking up steam. I thought I was just paranoid with tracking our spending, but with the recession and the high unemployment rates, it isn't really surprising that some people are going to have to cut back on their lifestyle.

I don't know if it is just knowing how much we have, how we compare with others, or just for the sake of security, etc... that we keep track. I think more than anything it keeps us focused and on the goal, leaving an inheritance for our children's children. If we spend too much we will start borrowing from our future and if we spend too little, we miss out on life. So finding that right balance is the key.

I hope you guys read that article. I think it is kinda funny how other people view money.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment