Thursday, April 1, 2010

10 richest counties in the US

Why is it that 6 of the 10 richest counties in the U.S. are located near the Washington DC Metropolitan Area?

According to loans and credit, the 10 richest counties include:

Loudon County, VA
Fairfax County, VA
Howard County, MD
Fairfax City, VA
Arlington County, VA
Montgomery County, MD

Anyways, the others were in NJ, my guess is that the NJ people made their money in NY and moved out.

My wife and I and some friends were playing Monopoly a few weeks back and wanted to make a Monopoly of Northern Virginia. We'll finish that later, but it was fun playing the board game and associating real estate there with stuff we were familiar with.

BTW: At the library the other day and ran into this book. If any of you get a chance to read Alan Axelrod's "Everything I know about Business I Learned from Monopoly" it's a fast and fun read AND you might learn something.

No comments:

Post a Comment